Saint Matthew Catholic School is a faith based Christian school that serves its students and their families by providing a safe and positive learning environment while remaining faithful to its long tradition of excellence in academic as well as spiritual formation based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. We are a family that works together to accomplish more for the glory of God by recognizing that each child is unique and strive to empower them to develop their God-given talents and abilities. We are dedicated to forming loving, respectful and responsible citizens preparing them to lead future generations
We believe that:
- All children have access to love, learning, and safety
- Individual attention is an essential component to a student’s academic and spiritual success
- Academic excellence is achieved through creative lessons and current technology
- Religion and Faith are something to be lived every day, not just on Sunday
- Prayer and Liturgical Celebration are the cornerstones of our students’ faith-journey
- Communication and cooperation between home and school are the hallmarks of our small school community
- Understanding and appreciation of diversity are central to peace and harmony
- Guiding our students to become active and productive members of our parish and society is essential
Profile of A Graduate
Upon graduation from Saint Matthew School, students will demonstrate the following characteristics.
- Express Christian beliefs, values, and convictions clearly.
- Live by the teaching of Jesus Christ and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- Consider Christian virtues during the decision-making process.
- Mastery of basic skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Exhibit competency with mathematical computations and problem-solving applications.
- Understand and apply the principles of scientific inquiry and exploration.
- Becoming lifelong learners through critical thinking, creativity, and effective communication.
- Successfully and ethically utilize technology as a means for locating, analyzing, and presenting information.
- Servants and leaders in their parish, community, and world.
- Exemplify a positive sense of self and choose healthy lifestyles.
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and courtesy for themselves and others in our multicultural world.
- Lifelong learners who seek to better themselves and remain knowledgeable about current events and new information.